Death In Paradise
Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Ben Miller, Sara Martins, Danny John-Jules, Gary Carr, Élisabeth Bourgine, Don Warrington
Scotland Yard DI Richard Poole is sent to the Caribbean island of Sainte Marie to solve a fellow policeman's murder. Having done so, he finds himself seconded to the local police force as the dead man's replacement. Poole proves to be a brilliant detective, solving several complex murders. He's not quite suited to either the pace of life on the island or the heat and sand, neither of which he likes very much. He also doesn't like seafood. That aside, the place is just great.
- Season 1: 1. Episode #1.1 (2011). An uptight London cop is sent to a remote Caribbean island to solve the murder of a fellow British policeman, found dead in a sealed panic room. To solve the crime, he must contend with sun, sand, surf, and a mysterious woman on the scene.
- Season 1: 2. Episode #1.2 (2011). Adjusting to his new surroundings as police chief of Saint-Marie, DI Richard Poole searches the island for a decent cup of tea while investigating the strange murder of a bride who was killed with a spear-gun.
- Season 1: 3. Episode #1.3 (2011). When a voodoo priestess predicts her own murder as well as the man responsible, a skeptical Poole believes the truth lies in an old missing persons case.
- Season 1: 4. Episode #1.4 (2011). A bloodied woman walks into the police station and confesses to killing her husband. As evidence mounts against her, Poole remains reluctant to charge her with the crime.
- Season 1: 5. Episode #1.5 (2011). A prisoner escort aboard a ferry goes horribly wrong when the man is stabbed to death while handcuffed to Poole, leaving the detective humiliated and determined to find the killer.
- Season 1: 6. Episode #1.6 (2011). When DI Richard Poole is struck with tropical fever while Camille is away in Paris, Dwayne and Fidel must contend with Poole's unpleasant replacement in investigating the murder of a local diver.
- Season 1: 7. Episode #1.7 (2011). Solly Jackson,womanising lead vocalist with recently reformed band the Venerators, is found dead on stage with a bullet in his head. The other band members and his widow Avita all have an alibi,as does the mysterious female photographer Michelle,who turns out to be Solly's illegitimate daughter. Everybody assumes it is suicide - except Poole,whose suspicions are confirmed when somebody puts a snake in his bedroom at night. Using Michelle's photos he shows that one person's alibi was rigged and that,as far as the killer was concerned,the Venerators would be ensured ...
- Season 1: 8. Episode #1.8 (2011). After being escorted home by Dwayne Nadia Selim is found murdered in her bed and her house ransacked. Work colleague Georgie Westcott reveals that Nadia was actually called Rose Duchamp and British cop Chris Ricketts arrives to explain that Rose was an informant about to expose a money-laundering racket.Rose was also a great lover of word puzzles,which,along the reaction of her dog,allows Poole to trap her killer. However,events conspire to prevent him from getting his old job in London back as crafty Commander Patterson sees him as being of more use on the island.
- Season 2: 1. Episode #2.1 (2013). Wealthy sugar plantation owner Roger Seymour - who was planning to donate his plantation to the island as a museum - is murdered. Suspects include his younger partner Kim and his alcoholic ex-wife Nicole,now in a relationship with Roger's nephew Alex,the sole heir. Alex believes Kim to be a gold digger and has caught her in conversation with a mysterious man whilst the doctor tells Poole Roger was terminally ill and would soon have died anyway. In solving the case Poole relies on the history of the island in slavery days and an incident from the past which has ...
- Season 2: 2. Episode #2.2 (2013). Teen-aged postulate Therese is killed in a fire at the island convent,apparently caused by her smoking, the door to her room being locked from the inside. Poole,however,suspects foul play when he finds that Therese has been sent a threatening note and clearly knew more than she should. Daryl Dexter,arranging public relations for the convent after the discovery of a holy well that cures the sick,is a prime suspect as Therese discovered he was bribing the 'sick' to claim they had been miraculously cured. Another suspect is Father John,guilty of an indiscretion many ...
- Season 2: 3. Episode #2.3 (2013). Valerie Dupree is found floating in the pool at Jeremy Cutting's cosmetic clinic. Dr Anna Jones claims she was suicidal after her divorce but Poole suspects she was poisoned by the cup of tea she left half drunk. Fellow patient Jayne Smythe believes Valerie was having an affair with the younger Paul Vincent but Dr Jones admits she was sleeping with him,giving him an alibi. It turns out that Valerie had made an urgent call to a lawyer in France and Poole suspects she was about to sue the clinic for botched surgery caused by Tipping's failing eye sight. But events take ...
- Season 2: 4. Episode #2.4 (2013). A team comes to the island looking for the fabled treasure of the pirate Leclerc. Group leader Daniel Morgan is injured in an explosion and another member Ian parks shot dead in Daniel's tent. Poole believes Daniel was the intended victim,especially when he survives another 'accident'. However,learning that Parks seemingly found the treasure and marked it with grid reference PD46 on a map Poole wonders if Daniel killed him and faking the attempts on his life. He changes that view after Daniel is murdered but finds the motive for the double slayings had nothing to do ...
- Season 2: 5. Episode #2.5 (2013). Camille's friend, singer Aimee, collapses and dies on a boat owned by local entrepreneur Stephen Morrison and his wife Eloise,also a vocalist. Aimee was poisoned and her flat has been ransacked. She was due to leave for a recording contract in Miami and had rowed with Stephen about it whilst Eloise,jealous that Aimee was a better singer,tried to sabotage but not kill her. Poole defies Patterson whose priority is the arrest of a local illegal drinks ring to comfort Camille and catch the murderer. Dwayne and Fidel use spaced out waiter R.J. to help locate the booze ...
- Season 2: 6. Episode #2.6 (2013). Wheelchair-bound June Anderson is strangled in the villa she is renting with husband Doug and sister Janice. Though Janice is her beneficiary and has no alibi Poole suspects Doug, a former colleague whom he knows to be corrupt and an alcoholic. Cleaning woman Estelle admits to stealing June's jewels but the net widens when Janice sees one of the two men who own the rental company from which they hired the villa running from the murder scene. An arrest is soon made but Poole suspects that June's murder may be linked to one in England some while earlier and solves the ...
- Season 2: 7. Episode #2.7 (2013). As the island prepares for a hurricane the corpse of Leo Downs, a researcher at the university's meteorological unit is found. Though favoured by department head Professor King,other colleagues saw him as a sycophant and a nerd though Amber Collins,ex-girlfriend of Leo's room-mate Damon,was in love with him. Yet all the suspects have alibis according to the time codes on their clocks. Poole discovers that King is advising an oil company planning to drill on the island . Leo's notes are nowhere to be found and a Skype message to his mother shows he was planning ...
- Season 2: 8. Episode #2.8 (2013). Under sufferance Poole attends a charity fund-raiser,whose host,local conservationist and philanthropist Malcolm Powell,is shot dead. His secretary Vicky claims the killer is a man called Jack Roberts but nobody knows who he is and appears to have vanished into thin air. Discovering that Powell fled to the Caribbean from England having defrauded investors in his company and that evidence of a large sum of money was found in Roberts' burnt out car Poole suspects blackmail. But events are complicated by the fact that Roberts died three years earlier. Clearly somebody ...