Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Vanessa Kirby, Jeremy Northam, John Lithgow, Victoria Hamilton, James Hillier, Nicholas Rowe, Pip Torrens, Ben Miles, Harriet Walter, Andy Sanderson, Daniel Betts, Clive Francis, Harry Hadden-Paton, Will Keen, Lizzy McInnerny
The early reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is portrayed.
- Season 1: 1. Wolferton Splash (2016). A young Princess Elizabeth marries Prince Philip. As King George VI's health worsens, Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister for the second time.
- Season 1: 2. Hyde Park Corner (2016). With King George too ill to travel, Elizabeth and Phillip embark on a four-continent Commonwealth tour. Party leaders attempt to undermine Churchill.
- Season 1: 3. Windsor (2016). With Elizabeth in a new role, Phillip tries to assert some power. Churchill wants to delay the coronation. King George's disgraced brother arrives.
- Season 1: 4. Act Of God (2016). When dense fog cripples London four days and creates a serious health hazard, Churchill's inaction leaves him vulnerable to his political enemies.
- Season 1: 5. Smoke And Mirrors (2016). Elizabeth rejects protocol by appointing Phillip to coordinate her coronation, but his ideas create conflict. The Duke of Windsor returns to London.
- Season 1: 6. Gelignite (2016). Margaret and Peter come to Elizabeth with a request. With a royal scandal about to break in the newspapers, the Queen Mother intervenes.
- Season 1: 7. Scientia Potentia Est (2016). As the Soviets test the H-bomb, both Churchill and Eden have major health crises. Angry about her inadequate education, Elizabeth hires a tutor.
- Season 1: 8. Pride & Joy (2016). Elizabeth and Phillip go on an exhausting world journey. Margaret takes over some of her sister's official duties and tries to liven things up.
- Season 1: 9. Assassins (2016). As tensions with Phillip increase, Elizabeth spends time with her old friend Porchey. Churchill's portrait is painted for his 80th birthday.
- Season 1: 10. Gloriana (2016). Margaret and Peter are reunited, but another obstacle stands in their way. Elizabeth is torn between her duty as Queen and her love for her sister.