Babylon 5 Crusade
Action, Drama, Sci-Fi
Gary Cole, Tracy Scoggins, Daniel Dae Kim, David Allen Brooks, Peter Woodward, Marjean Holden, Carrie Dobro
Several years after the end of the Great War (detailed in the main Babylon 5 TV series) the former servants of the now-exiled Shadows attempt to avenge their old masters by introducing a powerful biological weapon into Earth's atmosphere. After five years of adapting itself to humanity's genetic makeup, it will kill every human being on the planet. Since this plague was the product of a technology far ahead of humanity's, there isn't enough time to develop an original solution - instead, humanity will have to comb through the ruins of older alien civilizations with the hope of finding some ancient, advanced technology that can cure the disease. Leading this high-stakes archeological mission is a starship of the new Interstellar Alliance, the Excalibur, and its crew drawn from the Alliance's elite troubleshooting corps, the Rangers.
At the end of the television movie Babylon 5: A Call to Arms, the Drakh fleet was defeated but "poisoned the well" by dumping a plague into Earth's atmosphere. Calculations say that all life will be dead on the planet within five years; lives are already being wiped out across the globe. Earthforce, operating out of Mars during the crisis, has chosen Captain Matthew Gideon to lead a team consisting of Earthforce scientists, archaeologists, a telepath, a thief and a techno-mage in order to find a cure while working with the Rangers and gaining assistance from the crew manning space station Babylon 5.
- Season 1: 1. War Zone (1999). Capt. Matthew Gideo assembles the crew that will be with him on the experimental starship Excalibur. Their mission: explore the reaches of space to find a cure for the deadly Drakh virus that will overrun Earth in five years.
- Season 1: 2. Long Road, The (1999).
- Season 1: 3. Well Of Forever, The (1999).
- Season 1: 4. Path Of Sorrows, The (1999).
- Season 1: 5. Patterns Of The Soul (1999).
- Season 1: 6. Ruling From The Tomb (1999).
- Season 1: 7. Rules Of The Game, The (1999). The Excalibur goes to Babylon 5 so that Gideon can meet with an ambassador for permission to go to a planet that might have technology that can help Earth. But the ambassador refuses and Gideon is not going to accept it. And Ellerson runs into his ex-wife, who is in trouble with a loan shark. When he pays him off, he feels she owes him more. Anf goes to great lengths to collect.
- Season 1: 8. Appearances And Other Deceits (1999).
- Season 1: 9. Racing The Night (1999).
- Season 1: 10. Memory Of War, The (1999).
- Season 1: 11. Needs Of Earth, The (1999).
- Season 1: 12. Visitors From Down The Street, The (1999).
- Season 1: 13. Each Night I Dream Of Home (1999). The Excalibur picks up a Senator who comes on board with a guy. He then instructs them to go to Earth but doesn't tell them why. Along the way they pick up a distress call from Lochley who is trapped in space. They pick her up over the Senator's objections. When they reach Earth a vessel comes out of Earth and explodes and a life pod comes out. The Senator tells them to bring it on board. And when they do, they discover that an experiment is being planned to take place on the ship.